Unit 3 Objectives: Urbanization, Immigration, & Progressivism
- Students will examine why Immigrants come to the United States and what impact did they have upon society.
- Students will examine what life was like for Immigrants in the US during the 19th century.
- Students will examine how Industrialization and new technology affected the economy and society.
- Students will describe how big business shaped the American economy in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
- Students will examine how Progressivism changed politics and society in the 19th century.
IMMIGRATION & Industrialization Quiz Review
America the Story of US
Industrialization - Working Conditions Observations
Progressive Era Webquest
Tasks: * Use the Progressive Era Webquest on the left to complete the following tasks. Please type all of your answer on a NEW word document and IN YOUR OWN WORDS.
1. Read the Overview on Progressivism and answer questions about the Library of Congress Webpage
2. Examine your assigned Movement using the weblinks on the Progressive Era document and answer your assigned questions/ tasks.
3. As a Group in the next class you will debate our essential question 'Of the many reform movements occurring during the Progressive Era, which type of reform movement had the most positive, lasting impact on society to this day? Provide supporting detail.
2. Muckraking - Exposing the Ills of Society
4. Prohibition - Temperance Movement
Task 1: To Be Completed by all Students
Task 2: Individual Investigation of Progressive Era Movements
1. The Women's Rights Movement
3. African American Equality
|File Size:||14309 kb|