HOmework Reading and questions - Due Monday 10/29
"Unit 2 Objectives: Population & Migration
- Map Major and emerging population concentrations and describe demographic characteristics of each
- Analysis of population data: types of densities, population distributions and population compositions. Constructing and explaining population pyramids and distinguish between characteristic shapes.
- Understanding population trends (historical and future) and population models, i.e., Demographic transition model, gravity model, etc.
- Explaining the effects of various populations polices. Pro and Anti-Natalist policies
- Analysis of migration and the factors that cause people to move (push and pull factors) analyze United States and world patterns of migration. Explain the Gravity Model, distance decay and Ravenstein’s Laws of Migration.
- Describe and analyze the different types of migration and give examples for each type (rural to urban, chain, step, forced, etc.)
HANS and gapminder!
History of Immigration into the US
Last Train HOme Clips